I feel like throughout the last few years, it’s almost as if I’ve been waiting for something to happen. Like I’d get a clear vision for a career path I’d want to take, or like I’d get some sort of “break” doing any one of the million things I’ve dipped my toes in, indicating where I should put more time and efforts. Only now, am I realizing how passively I’ve been spending my time.
Playing this weird waiting game with myself has definitely stunted my drive. I’ve been focusing on what hasn’t been happening, and stopped just DOING a lot of what I love, which is not something I plan to carry with me into 2020. New year. New decade. New chapter. I remember when I started this blog, all I wanted was to learn more about tall clothing options, and share what I knew and found, and spend time focusing on one of my loves, FASHION. I had no particular destination, I just wanted to DO something, with something I loved, and this, I’ve realized, is exactly the direction I need to move.
SO.. Where does that bring me? I won’t say I’ve got a completely clear (dare I say.. 20/20) vision on where I’m going, but I do know which direction I’m moving in. My goal is to create. Something. Anything. Because I love to and because I want to. I’ve always loved the idea of making a physical vision board as a way to visualize what I want to manifest in the coming months/years, but have never actually done it. I think I’ve also been afraid to put out big ideas out and then fall short and not reach goals I’ve set. FEAR AND SELF DOUBT HAVE NO PLACE HERE MOVING FORWARD, so I want to share what my 2020 vision board would look like (I don’t have any old magazines lying around, or enough ink in my printer.. so a literary vision board will have to do for now lol).
On my vision board:
- A few new photos from my recent fashion shoots – I’ve already shot 3 new outfits to share (first one for this post) and would include a few shots from there as inspiration to continue styling, and continue creating and building the momentum that I had let die down.
- Beaches/airplanes/luggage – I want to travel more. At least 4 destinations this year. And I want to be proactive and take advantage of creating content while I’m traveling and making opportunities out of everywhere I visit.
- “DEBT FREE” in all capitals – In a few months, I will be finished paying off my school loans, and plan to shift my focus to eliminating my credit card balance by the end of the year.
- A clock/watch – I want to learn how to prioritize and be wiser about how I’m budgeting my time so that I can be the most productive I can be (regularly using my new productivity journal from my boyfriend).
- “VOLUNTEER” in all capitals – Not only do I want to be smarter about my time, but I also want to give my time to others. I think I’d like to look into volunteering at the children’s hospital so I need to sit down and find all the information I need.
- A martini glass with a Mexican flag – my boyfriend and I have a dream to retire one day and open a little bar on a beach somewhere.. We need to create a more concrete plan so that this dream starts to feel more real.
- Alloy, Missguided, ASOS, LongTallSally – brands that I love and would love to create more content for/with. I’d also love to explore other tall brands!!
- YouTube logo – along with creating regular blog content, I have goals to keep a regular YouTube upload schedule as well. Fashion content, music covers, lifestyle vlogs, etc.
- Barbells – finding my fitness routine again, and making moves towards a continuously healthier lifestyle.
- [insert sports brand here] – this one is big, but with the barbell photo, I’d LOVE to find a sports apparel brand that not only aligns with my fitness goals, but also my fashion goals, and MAYBE work on some sort of partnership.
- an engagement ring – *cough*ADAM*cough* lol……
I’m sure that as the year progresses, this list is going to change and grow and perhaps at some point I’ll be able to make a physical version so that, not only are the words now out in the universe, the visual reminder will constantly be looking back at me, reminding me to always move forward. But for now, this is where I’m starting, and while it looks like I’ve got a lot of work cut out for me, it’s the kind that I enjoy and I’m looking forward to creating and sharing more. Starting with these:
Tall Black Dalmatian Print Midi Smock Dress: https://www.missguidedus.com/tall-black-dalmatian-print-midi-smock-dress-10165043
Gray Long Hooded Puffer Coat: (link is for standard size, tall seems to be out of stock) https://www.missguidedus.com/grey-long-hooded-puffer-coat-10156243
Croc Hiker Boot: (link is for white boot, black seems to be out of stock) https://www.missguidedus.com/white-mock-croc-hiking-boots-10158270
Unboxing and try-on video: https://youtu.be/TBynu03JHm4
If you’ve set any goals/resolutions or made a vision board for your 2020, I’d love to know what they are!!
Happy 2020 friends. I look forward to growing with you in a new decade ❤