This post is not about me. Or my feelings. Or my closet. I can’t tell you about my latest outfit faves when I feel like there’s a much more important conversation to be part of. While I continue to listen and learn and find ways to take action, it only makes sense to occupy this space by amplifying the voices (and brands) that need to be heard!
This week I’m choosing to celebrate Black-owned brands right here in our very own tall community. Choosing to support these brands is one way to help redistribute wealth in the fight for racial and financial equality, and friends, there are so many amazing options when it comes to tall clothing that THIS SHOULD BE A NO-BRAINER. There are endless resources available to find smaller, black-owned businesses and brands, whether it’s local or online (obviously for more than just clothing options), and making a conscious effort to find them, and put your money towards them is one of SO many ways you can contribute to change.
My list had a head start because a handful of these were already on my “To-Shop” list. But as the week went on, and fellow glamazons also started sharing some of their lists, I’ve discovered so many more and OMG.. when I have my job back, my bank account better get ready. Prepare yourself 🙂
- The Sixes – I’ve been eyeing this shop for awhile. Fashion forward and chic pant silhouettes to give tall fashionistas the #fashionfreedom they’ve been looking for. I’m in love.
- Rhonda Lynette – I already own 3 pieces by Rhonda that, as soon as I received them, could tell that they were all sewn with love and such attention to detail. She makes everything herself! Her joggers are the next on my list 🙂
- Wexist Inc. – They recently launched the cutest jogger sets, and also have a collection of tall print tees. Looking forward to see this one grow!!
- Jesse Queen the Collection – “Dress well because of your height, not in spite of it.” Another brand that has been on my “to-shop” list for far too long. Her pieces. Are. FIRE! My problem will be that I just don’t know what to get first.
- Talle Apparel – I slept on a gorgeous animal print dress when they first launched but they’re still on my list to shop, with dress, pant, co-ord, and jumpsuit options!
- Model Atelier – I first learned about them when they sent me their “model bag” a few years back. They have a little bit of everything now, but their blazer options are gorgeous and sophisticated silhouettes for a professional lady!
- Taylor Jay Collection – Sustainable, environmentally conscious, designed with every woman in mind. Though it’s not tall specific, I’ve seen Alicia Jay sporting some of her pieces so I can only assume it’s got the tall girl stamp of approval 🙂
- Nineth Closet – This one is new to me but I was drawn instantly by all the pieces in their ‘resort’ collection. Must. Have.
- Height Goddess – Print tees and maxi dresses for glamazons.
- Tall Long and Curvy – I’ve yet to try her fitness leggings, but if you’re looking for length while building those curves, these look great!
- TTYA London – I found TTYA through their Long Tall Sally collab.. My fave collab still to date so I don’t know why I haven’t shopped them directly. That needs to change.
- Prissy Duck – relatively new on my radar, but from what I’ve seen, they’ve got all sorts of sophisticated options!
- Dimiloc – Specializing in all things maxi, offering standard, tall, AND extra tall sizing options!
- Rozana LDN – Another new to me brand. For the tall women who are tired of trying to blend in.
- Tall Moi – Brand new to me! Love their reversible fits, and LOOOVE their commitment to sustainable fashion.
- Tall Girl Gang Co – A tshirt line designed as a simple reminder that TALL is BEAUTIFUL. They’re also brand new to me and I’m a little sad to see their biker short set is sold out!
- Glamazon Boutique – Graphic tees, pants and jumpsuit options for us glamazons!
- Shop Ashley Raye – Another brand new to me brand (I’m so excited there have been so many this week) where sexy meets sophistication. I’m excited that I’ve added this one to my list!
- VeRaf Clothing – Unique and stylish with options for every budget!
- Chelbe Fashions – “Sleeves that go the length” and inseams up to 37.5″.. uhhh yes and yes!
- Tall Luxe – Launching Fall 2020, with inseams up to 39″ in sizes S-2X!!!
- A.L.M. Collection – I’ve yet to purchase, but I’ve been obsessing over her extreme bell bottom styles for awhile, with inseams up to 36″!
- Tall Exchange – not a brand, but rather a tall specific second hand clothing option, created by one of my fave tall influencers and founder of The Tall Society, Bree Wijnaar.
- Tall and Dope – size inclusive athleisurewear as a not so subtle reminder that we can be tall AND dope 🙂
- Doux Bebe Kollection – brand new to me!!
- Eighth House – From what I can see, a clothing designer making handmade clothing for tall women.. Keeping my eyes on this one to see what comes!
- TLZ l’femme – I have to apologize because this brand is NOT tall, but you’ll probably forgive me when you see why I included them. I’ve come across this brand this last week (thank you instagram), and I’M OBSESSED. This is the type of brand I would make work with my height. Think streetwear meets couture meets statement. Just look. You’ll see.
- Reign Swim – Not necessarily tall specific, but this swimwear brand provides fuller bust options which I’ve recently been hunting for because I’m tired of settling for swimwear that doesn’t fit me. I’ve yet to add any to my collection but I love their simple yet current pieces!
- LFD Shop – They haven’t been active from what I can see, since 2018, but keeping on the list in case they make a comeback!
- Dellez Fashion – I’m so sad to see they’re no longer active. I own a gorgeous navy suit and pair of skinny jeans made by Dellez and can’t rave about those pieces enough. Leaving this here, in case she makes a comeback ❤
If I’ve left any out that you know of please let me know because I’d love to add them to my list (though I’m not sure my bank account is ready for it lol).. I also decided not to add photos to make you go look for yourself. Check them out. Find them on instagram. Follow them. Like them. Support them. If not now, maybe later, because this isn’t just a moment. It’s an entire movement and we’ve only just begun ❤
Other ways to support and make a difference:
Ways You Can Help — https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/
Stream to donate — YouTube (you can also search ‘stream to donate’ playlists on YouTube for videos that are contributing revenues to #BLM)
The Loveland Foundation — https://thelovelandfoundation.org/
Support Garment Workers — https://www.supportgarmentworkers.org/